There are numerous road trip destinations throughout the U.S., but finding a place that has it all can be a bit tricky. If you don’t pick the right destination, you could end up on a pretty boring vacation. These six destinations are sure to please.
1. Colorado If you’ve never been to Colorado before, you’re in for a surprise. This part of the country served as the inspiration for “America the Beautiful,” and it’s no wonder. This is one of the most gorgeous states in the U.S. If you and your traveling companions love the outdoors, Colorado is the place for you.
2. San Diego San Diego is one of the most visited places in California. View the whole city by driving up the Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial. You can take in the sun at La Jolla Cove, or visit Viejas for a fun night out. When you’re ready to leave, you can’t beat the view of the coast as you ride to San Francisco.
3. New Orleans This one-of-a-kind city is one of the oldest in the United States. The architecture will impress you and you can’t beat the delicious Creole and Cajun cuisines. Music lovers will be able to listen to the best jazz they’ve ever heard. For a truly wild time, go there during Mardi Gras.
4. Chicago If you love urban settings, don’t skip Chicago. Check out the cityscape from the John Hancock Observatory and then have lunch at Charlie Trotters. Stroll along Lake Michigan and take in a show at night. Chicago is full of culture, so there’s plenty to keep you busy.
5. Boston Massachusetts’ most popular city has a great mix of culture and history. There are world-class museums, concerts and plays, baseball games and the Freedom Trail, just to name a few. Take a Duck Boat Tour to squeeze a bunch of sightseeing in at once.
6. Las Vegas There isn’t many destination that are more fun than Vegas. Even if you’re not a gambler, Vegas has a million things to keep you entertained. The hotels and casinos are so gorgeous you’ll spend a lot of time just looking around. Take the Groupon Coupon Codes and earn the most travel discounts. There are also plenty of places to eat and shop, plus numerous shows to see. When choosing a road trip destination, make sure there are enough sites and activities to keep you busy for the duration of your time there. Also, if you’re going with a group of people, make sure that the things you choose to do will be appealing to everyone.