Reus is a town of 103,000 people (2018) in Catalonia. The area has always been an important producer of wines and spirits, and gained continental importance at the time of the Phylloxera plague. Nowadays it is known for its commercial activity, for being a centre for rock-climbing and as the birthplace of architect Antoni Gaudí.
1 Aeropuerto de Reus (Reus Airport REU IATA), ☏ , . Ryanair flies from London (Luton and Stansted), Liverpool, Dublin, Glasgow (Prestwick), Memmingen and Hahn. As is par for the course for Ryanair, they like to suggest it being closer to Barcelona than it actually is.
By public transit
- (PLANA) offers transfers from Reus or Barcelona to La Pineda, Salou, PortAventura Hotels and Cambrils.
Reus is famous for its "Catalan modernist" architecture
- 1 , 5 Plaça del Mercadal. Modernist home. Tours by reservation only.
- 2 Institut Pere Mata, 1 Ctra. de l'Institut Pere Mata. Modernist psychiatric hospital.
- 3 Casa Gasull.
- 4 Casa Rull.
- 5 Casa Pinyol.
- 6 Gaudí Centre, Pl. Mercadal, 3, ☏ . Mid-Sep to mid-Jun: M-F 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-19:00, Sa Su 10:00-14:00; mid-Jun to mid-Sep M-F 10:00-20:00, Sa Su 10:00-14:00. Dedicated to the famous architect who was born here in the 1850s. Adult €10, youth 9-15 €5, senior €6, under 9 free.
- 1 Estadi Municipal de Reus. Home of the (deceptively named) Barcelona Dragons of the European League of Football an American football league which started play in 2021. While the hometown team started at the bottom of the league into the 2021 season, they managed to rally later in the season remaining in playoff contention until the second to last day of play. The rabid hometown crowd has been lauded throughout the league for its enthusiasm - especially when their team wins - and welcoming nature towards visiting fans.
- La Presó, Beer and Tapas
- NH Ciutat de Reus, Avinguda Marià Fortuny, 85, ☏ . This comfortable hotel is 200 m from el Palacio de Ferias y Congresos. Its modern and functional décor makes you feel like you are in a different hotel. This establishment is of impeccable quality and it offers all the commodities and service of a larger hotel.